I know, I know. Once again I have fallen behind. But, I have been busily having work done to the house (the tub refinisher put several holes in our wall - go figure), getting ready for Husband to have some of his fellow residents over for an ABSITE review (annual board of surgery in-training exam), and PMSing. Yes, I admit. I have PMS. The syndrome, not just symptoms - HUGE difference. It's downright frustrating. There are about 3 hours a month when if I say grass is blue, it's blue. No argument (or else). Or, will stop and cry over a Tic Tac commercial. (He said it gives him fresh breath! Waaaaaa) It makes life difficult. But, luckily a doctor is a bit more understanding. I am lucky I live with one! And I PMS mid-cycle, unlike most women. Mittelschmerz, it's called. http://www.al-hikmah.org/when-ovulation-hurts.htm Obviously, I am not alone. If they have a name for it, there's more of us around than I thought. So, yeah, a week off, then a week PMSing, then a week off, then that most magical time (or as Tami calls it - My Princess Time). So, in essence, I have given in to a few weaknesses.
Examples of weak times: Whole grain bagels with OG Neufchatel; queso (1/3 c) made with Velveeta and Rotel (Husband loves the dancing pepper commercials and will often sing the theme music); a calzone with light cheese, banana peppers, black olives, and pineapple - i.e. salty, sweet, carbs, and heat all at once; white Grands biscuits (but the eggs were CFO and the cheese was Rice American, not dairy!); and diet Coke. Yes, the evil diet Coke. Damn you, Brown Fairy! With my calzone and as a leftover from the ABSITE review. Sigh.
Examples of strong times: lunch at work on friday (leftovers of gingered kale and a Quorn/broccoli stir fry w/ brown rice) when I could have easily gone somewhere on campus or stopped along the way home at a Fast Food Haven, breakfast on friday (papaya and OG watermelon juice - fresh squeezed!), OG blue corn chips instead of conventional, and OG crackers. DELICIOUS rosemary saltines and wholegrain rounds. Oh, and let us not forget the coconut frozen deliciousness the other day. I could have bought conventional ice cream, but I did not. And I got a vegan oat scone to go with it vs. cake (I crave "cake-y" stuff, too.)
So, I am trying. Harder at times than others, but I am trying!
Exercise was a 2 mile walk with Allie on Thursday and 2.5 on Saturday. Today will round that out nicely. She's bright enough to know that if both Mom and Dad are home, and it's still daylight outside, she can demand a walk. And she gets us every time! I don't know what we will do when Tim starts getting home before dark!
PS while looking for a picture for this post, I found the ones we took of Allie when we first brought her home in August (08), and I cannot BELIEVE how much she has grown! Amazing! She's only about 10.5 months old (her white chin belies her age), but she is so big!


No comments:
Post a Comment