Sunday, March 8, 2009

It's up to twenty-five!


Yes, in just seven weeks, I have lost 25 pounds! I have some goals to attend to, and it appears to be coming along well. I would like to lose about that much more before we go to Houston in May for Husband's grandparents' 65th anniversary.


Wow! What does one give for a 65th anniversary - oxygen? (There is no listing for it. I may go with the one for the 46th - an original poem. Or diamond for 60 and wood for 5 - maybe something along these lines?)


Incidentally, we will be in Michigan briefly - another whirlwind tour, Tami J! - so Husband can go on a few interviews. We are sincerely hoping to know by this coming Sunday where we will be going in the next couple of months. What a relief that will be!


And, also speaking of next Sunday, I am going on another fast, but this one will be for an extended period of time. I have used fasting to my advantage before - back around the time of my divorce. It is actually much easier than dieting because you lose a sense of hunger - for women, day two and men, day three - so you don't have the cravings that dieting causes. I am looking forward to it! A fast is really so introspective.


The eating has actually been pretty good this past week or so. I have been careful to break my intake into 4 meals - well, three and a snack around 3:30 or so when I get home. I had a shake last night (we saw an ad for Arby's new malted shake - quite good!), and a small piece of cake earlier in the week, but I am really REALLY starting to feel the benefits of sticking to a non-sugar diet. And low-fat, too. I watch my MUFAs and make sure I get those in, but I ate some ranch dressing the other day and nearly died! The tablespoon of Thousand Island with last night's salad didn't seem too awful, but ranch - never again! I also know when I have had too much flour - especially white flour . . . it really does cause one to bloat. I always thought toast settled one's stomach. Truth is, it kind of upsets mine now.


Oh, and I broke down and joined Facebook. I have been getting tons of requests from friends to join over the past couple of years. I admit - I gave in to peer pressure. It's actually been nice to have something creative to do (setting it up) while getting these freshman English papers graded!


Incidentally, if you love candles, this is the place to go: http://www.wayoutwax.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment