Tonight, our friends from Kuwait had a fabulous sendoff dinner for my husband and me (although now we are FORCING ourselves to get together at least once more!).
There was so much love and diversity in the room. In addition to Fawzeyah and her husband, Mohammed, there was a couple from the Netherlands (Suus and Jop), a young lady from Turkey (Zana? I am not sure how to spell it), my African-American/black (she prefers black) next door neighbor Courtney & her children - Micah and Justin, who happens to be in the same kindergarten class as Maryam - (Fawz's oldest), and there were also three NINJAS! Oh, they looked like little girls, but Momma says they are Ninja, ranging from age 2 to age 6!
Jop looked precious eating on the floor with his fingers, something he'd never done before incidentally. Husband, Tim, ate with a fork - for most of the meal! And Courtney was in Rice Heaven as the base for three dishes was the grain of her dreams. She also fell in love with a certain cookie, but I digress . . . Suus may never get the yellow from the curried rice off of her fingers after helping the youngest Ninja, Maria, to eat. :)
Oh, goodness me, how could I forget! There were several ghosts, too, which looked suspiciously like children under comforters and miscellaneous blankets. And everyone was "frightened" as the ghost of a giant caterpillar, with the funniest set of legs EVER, also crawled into the room. Even 12-year-old Micah got in on that one!
The food was delicious, the beverages divine (try lemonade with chopped mint sometime! and I LOVE Kuwaiti coffee!), and the company was superb. The girls, I mean NINJAS, hugged and kissed us all the way to the elevator. Good times and great memories.
Thanks, guys! I say "guys" because Mohammed claims he cooked it all - wink - we all know it was the Ninjas - hahaha
(BTW - the above pic is Jop, Suus, and Fawzeyah from about 2 years ago. Sorry, Courtney - I couldn't find a good one of you!)


No comments:
Post a Comment