
Okay, adding to my faux heart attack the other day is the fact that I have had some chest pain, of the muscular variety, for a few days. My congestion began breaking up in Michigan, causing coughing - which caused irritation and swelling of the chest wall. Today, I had a whole box full of student portfolios to carry the mile across campus. I had started my fast, but in order to take ibuprofen for the intense pain of lifting, I had to eat a little.
So, you see, that is why I built a few extra days in to my fast. I will start fresh in the AM. With water.
Sadly, the other reason I needed ibuprofen today (and didn't want to admit) is because we have decided to put Peter to sleep and I couldn't stop crying as I made the call for his appointment. I can't begin to say how sad this makes me. He is not any better after six weeks on antibiotics, he is too ill to go outside, and for an outside cat to be so indifferent to being locked in a large cage, I know he's not well. He also started to have some kind of seizures or tremors today. Who knows - we may have gotten him at the tail end of his two years (the estimated length of time a cat has from diagnosis to death with FeLeuk). All I know is he has been an angel, and I am grateful he came into our lives. He goes in on Thursday evening. I am waiting until Husband can be there because I know I can't do this alone.


No comments:
Post a Comment